To record and sign (as needed or required) and faithfully steward all important (non-financial) records of the congregation so that the mission of LifeBridge may be properly carried out.
- Be a voting member of the congregation (Constitution: Article VIII.B.) and, as such,
- Approved by the Congregational Assembly or, if filing a vacancy, appointed by the Board of Directors via the procedure listed in the same By-Laws. (By-Laws: Article I. A. & B.)
Terms & Limits
- The term of office shall be for two years (By-Laws: Article I.B.)
- May serve a maximum of two consecutive terms (By-Laws: Article I.B.)
- The term shall begin on the first day of the month following successful election (By-Laws: Article I.B.)
- The Management Team shall have no authority beyond that which has been conferred upon it by the Constitution, its By-Laws, or the Congregational Assembly. (Constitution: Article X.)
- Powers delegated to the Management Team may at any time be altered or revoked by the Congregational Assembly. (Constitution: Article X.)
- May be dismissed or deposed by the Congregation. (Constitution: Article VIII.C.)
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- With the Management Team: (Constitution: Article X.)
- Develop and implement those policies and procedures as required to execute the plans approved by the Congregational Assembly, in accord with the Congregation’s Confession of Faith. (Constitution: Article X.A.)
- Transact or supervise the transaction of all legal and general business of the Congregation (except that which is reserved for the Congregational Assembly). (Constitution: Article X.B.)
- Conduct business within the limitations of the annual financial operating plan approved by the Congregational Assembly. (Constitution: Article X.B.)
- Annually report to the Congregational Assembly on the organizational and financial condition of the Congregation. (Constitution: Article X.B.)
- Recommend an annual financial operating plan at the annual Congregational meeting. (Constitution: Article X.B.)
- Prepare the Agenda and previous Congregational Assembly meeting minutes and distribute them at the annual Congregational Assembly meeting. (By-Laws: Article II.C.)
- Keep accurate records of all Congregational Assembly meetings. (By-Laws: Article II.C.)
- Ensure minutes of all meetings of the Board of Directors and Task Forces are recorded, kept, and maintained, and are made available to Voting Members of the Congregation upon request. (By-Laws: Article II.C.)
- Maintain an accurate list of all members of the Congregational Assembly and Officers of the Congregation. (By-Laws: Article II.C.)
- Maintain an accurate copy of the Constitution and By-Laws of the Congregation, as amended. (By-Laws: Article II.C.)
- Maintain any other documents vital to the legal and business interests of the congregation. (By-Laws: Article II.C.)
- Sign all legal documents with the President, on behalf of the Congregation (By-Laws: Article II.C.)
- Ensure required documents for employees are signed and kept.
- Ensure documents required by the government to be displayed are properly done so.
- Remain up-to-date on 501(c)(3) filings and other required government regulations applying to such.
- Work with the Pastor to ensure the accuracy, maintenance, and upkeep of LifeBridge membership and visitors.
- Work with the Pastor in ensuring all Official Acts are properly recorded and kept.
- Work with the Pastor in producing certificates for baptisms, membership, confirmation, and the like.
- Work with the Pastor to ensure statistical information is updated, kept, and annually reported to the Synod.
The Secretary of LifeBridge Community Church is answerable to God in all maters and to the Congregational Assembly in matters related to LifeBridge Community Church