Who We Are
We are followers of Jesus Christ in the area of Sealy, Texas, who are committed to God’s Word and service to Him and the people of this great community. We want everyone to know about the amazing love of Jesus and want people to come to LifeBridge in the same way we come to the Lord: just as we are!
Through the Grace of God, LifeBridge will be:
- Dedicated to the preaching, teaching, and learning of God’s Word as found in the Holy Bible and to the sharing of the sacraments for the forgiveness of sins
- Engaged in prayer and worship to the Triune God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- Focused on reaching out to the community in love and service while building a congregation which reflects the diversity of the community
- Committed to creating new traditions and practices while building new relationships in order to bring the Good News of Christ to the lost
- Active in the mission field by providing prayer, finances, and servants at the local, national, and global level
- Determined to give 15% or more of the Church’s income for the advancement of the Kingdom of God
- Trusting in God’s blessing while maintaining financial integrity and striving to be debt-free
Connecting People to Jesus by:
Reaching the Lost, Discipling the Saved & Sharing the Love of God with Everyone.
What This Means
The first phrase summarizes our purpose.
Connecting People to Jesus
As Christians, we view all people in two categories; lost or saved. The more urgent group is the lost. This is the reason for the second phrase.
Reaching the Lost
This could refer to one member of LifeBridge witnessing to a neighbor down the street or the congregation sponsoring a mission church in another country. It is outreach at the local, national and global levels.
Those who are saved need to grow spiritually. It is important that our relationship with God matures and strengthens. This leads to the third phrase.
Discipling the Saved
This includes being dedicated to the preaching, teaching, and learning of God’s Word and engaged in worship and prayer.
The fourth phrase emphasizes our goal to serve others. Sometimes, we don’t know if the people we are serving are lost or saved. Sometimes we do not have the opportunity to witness while serving. Yet, we pray that the Holy Spirit will use these moments to warm a cold heart to hear the Gospel. Examples might include handing out water to disasters victims or working at the food pantry. This leads to the fourth phrase.
Sharing the Love of God with Everyone
The last two words “with everyone” were added to remind us that God loves everyone. This includes people of all races, social-economic levels and political affiliations. God even wants us to love our enemies.
Values & Beliefs
To find out more about our theology and what we believe, please check out The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod’s website. LifeBridge is a chartered church of the LCMS and stand in unity with their theological positions.
|Pastor Scott Heitshusen||Pastor||SHeitshusen@LifeBridgeSealy.com|
Elected: Board of Directors
The Board of Directors consists of the members of the Management Team and Board of Elders.
At LifeBridge, we believe in spiritual leadership that extends beyond the pastor. In this, we have a community called the elders who take on the responsibility for being there for and walking with the entire congregation. For simplicity we break down the members here at LifeBridge alphabetically and assigned each segment to one particular elder. However, you can contact any elder, at any time if you need prayer, guidance, support or simply information.
|Alan Boehm (Head Elder)||L-N|