To facilitate the successful mission of LifeBridge is carried out by ensuring its faithful financial stability.
- Be a voting member of the congregation (Constitution: Article VIII.B.) and, as such,
- Approved by the Congregational Assembly or, if filing a vacancy, appointed by the Board of Directors via the procedure listed in the same By-Laws. (By-Laws: Article I. A. & B.)
Terms & Limits
- The term of office shall be for two years (By-Laws: Article I.B.)
- May serve a maximum of two consecutive terms (By-Laws: Article I.B.)
- The term shall begin on the first day of the month following successful election (By-Laws: Article I.B.)
- The Management Team shall have no authority beyond that which has been conferred upon it by the Constitution, its By-Laws, or the Congregational Assembly. (Constitution: Article X.)
- Powers delegated to the Management Team may at any time be altered or revoked by the Congregational Assembly. (Constitution: Article X.)
- May be dismissed or deposed by the Congregation. (Constitution: Article VIII.C.)
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- With the Management Team: (Constitution: Article X.)
- Develop and implement those policies and procedures as required to execute the plans approved by the Congregational Assembly, in accord with the Congregation’s Confession of Faith. (Constitution: Article X.A.)
- Transact or supervise the transaction of all legal and general business of the Congregation (except that which is reserved for the Congregational Assembly). (Constitution: Article X.B.)
- Conduct business within the limitations of the annual financial operating plan approved by the Congregational Assembly. (Constitution: Article X.B.)
- Annually report to the Congregational Assembly on the organizational and financial condition of the Congregation. (Constitution: Article X.B.)
- Recommend an annual financial operating plan at the annual Congregational meeting. (Constitution: Article X.B.)
- Oversee the financial assets of the Congregation as the principal financial and accounting officer. (By Laws: Article II.D.)
- Be responsible for seeing that the collection, receipt, custody, and disbursement of all funds and securities is properly managed and provided for, and that all moneys and other valuable effects in the name and for the credit of the Congregation are deposited in banks or other depositories. (By Laws: Article II.D.)
- Be responsible for seeing that the policies of the Congregation relating to the approval, grant, or extension of credit by the Congregation are carried out. (By Laws: Article II.D.)
- See to it that adequate insurance for the Congregation is procured and maintained. (By Laws: Article II.D.)
- Have charge of the persons responsible for the maintenance of adequate books of account for the Congregation, and monitor and ensure that accurate records of the financial position of the Congregation are kept on a fiscal year basis. (By Laws: Article II.D.)
- Make recommendations to the Management Team concerning financial trends and planning. (By Laws: Article II.D.)
- Cause to be performed an annual audit by an independent auditor. (By Laws: Article II.D.)
- Oversee employee payroll and ensure proper withholdings are carried out.
- Remain up-to-date on current tax and financial issues related to places of worship, 501(c)(3) entities, employees/ministers of the same and ensure the same are carried out.
The Treasurer of LifeBridge Community Church is answerable to God in all maters and to the Congregational Assembly in matters related to LifeBridge Community Church.